Time for an equipment upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I customized the build to include a SS plate and tank connector per diver supply’s recommendation.

I really appreciate the help and feedback fellas. It makes things so much easier.

I sent it to my wife and she liked it so much she asked about one for her, I was sure, but you gotta choose a new set up like the one I am getting or a full face mask lol.

I bought this kit from divers supply 2 years ago and I love it.

If you only do warm water diving then the 23lb wing is enough but I would still reccomend the 32lb one and the 10lb weight pockets. Better to have the extra capacity.

I would get the plastic cam straps. I have the quickfit and is annoying to switch between cylinder diameters when you travel. I would avoid the metal cam because it could damage your tanks.

I would recommend getting the DIN regulator as you can get a 15 dollar yoke adapter to use when needed.

Let me know if you have any questions about the system.

There doesn't seem to be any point in getting comms for yur wife unless you have the same setip - otherwise who will she be talking to?

A plate is the way to go at your size. I believe some Zeagle products go to 3xl if you're still deciding. They also sell a soft plate model - the Express Tech - at a good price. But then you have to carry weight - in one of their weight systems or on a belt.

If you're big, buoyant or diving cold with a lot of neoprene layers you will possibly have to with the Hog plate also.

I would recommend getting the DIN regulator as you can get a 15 dollar yoke adapter to use when needed.
I respectfully disagree - the nearest warmwater diving to the OP is going to be the NC/SC coast or eastern FL and it's predominantly Yoke. No point in always needing the adapter and it's an extra failure point. Unless you own tanks, then DIN is an option. But hard to fly with them. Cave country is the nearest major DIN area and it's fresh water.

I have a cressi Leonardo as a watch. It is very functional and easy to use for rec diving. If you want to download logs you will have to buy a separate adaptor for it, another 100 bucks. I also use a Cressi MC9/compact combo, which is one step up from what you are considering. I know a lot of folks look down on cressi but I have found it to be a very good regulator set. My primary concern in buying the cressi set was lightweight for travel, I also got the cressi travel light BCD, very compact and very functional. Together the whole set is very light and very compact for travel. Time will tell if it all holds up, but I suspect that with proper care and maintenance it will last as long as any other set.

There doesn't seem to be any point in getting comms for yur wife unless you have the same setip - otherwise who will she be talking to?

A plate is the way to go at your size. I believe some Zeagle products go to 3xl if you're still deciding. They also sell a soft plate model - the Express Tech - at a good price. But then you have to carry weight - in one of their weight systems or on a belt.

If you're big, buoyant or diving cold with a lot of neoprene layers you will possibly have to with the Hog plate also.

I am getting the stainless plate option. I do have to carry weight now, I float like noones business lol. As for the comms, if I get her one, Ill be getting me one as well lol.

An older version of the Cressi AC2/XS2 was my first regulator set (bought it from the dive shop when they rolled over their rental stock). It breathes wonderfully and I've found it easy and inexpensive to maintain. My only gripe is that while it can handle some cold water, it has a tendency to free-flow for heavy breathers under 45°F.

If you're not in water that cold, I think it will serve you well and cost-effectively.

REGULATOR SCUBAPRO MK17 G260 YOKE OCTOPUS MANOMETER DIVE REGULATOR OCTOPUS GAUGE

Im working from my tablet and it does not move some links well this is a scubapro set with everything you'll need from a seller out of Italy. He has 100% positive feedback I bought one and had it in my hands in 4 working days. I order stuff from my not so local dive shops and its weeks or more. The pressure gauge is not in PSI but BAR which is ok for me many places ive been are all in BAR but it is everything youll need and i dont think theres a better price.

directional exhaust on the bottom if the one you end up with doesn't already have it installed. $30 part that directs the exhaust bubbles to either side or both sides rather than in front of you. [/QUOTE:
Where does one get this add on? I cannot find it anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom