Time for our own Japan forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well
We have enough names and telephone by now I guess?

There's really no hurry from my standpoint. We can set a deadline, like a week from now or someting. Anyone who hasn't expressed opinions by the deadline (whenever that is) will just have to live with what the others came up with.

JAG

jagfish:
Well
We have enough names and telephone by now I guess?

There's really no hurry from my standpoint. We can set a deadline, like a week from now or someting. Anyone who hasn't expressed opinions by the deadline (whenever that is) will just have to live with what the others came up with.

JAG
Unfortunately all the suggestions to wait came up AFTER I'd sent the list to NetDoc. If I've done it wrong - sorry folks! We've had this thread going for a few days now though - so I actually think that people have had a reasonable chance to express opinions - and I've done my best to take them all into account - including warning me a bit earlier not to go too fast!!

KimLeece:
Unfortunately all the suggestions to wait came up AFTER I'd sent the list to NetDoc. If I've done it wrong - sorry folks! We've had this thread going for a few days now though - so I actually think that people have had a reasonable chance to express opinions - and I've done my best to take them all into account - including warning me a bit earlier not to go too fast!!

Akuna Matada, Kim...

If things have been set into motion, so be it. What's your understanding of when the name will have to be set by?

JAG

jagfish:
Akuna Matada, Kim...

If things have been set into motion, so be it. What's your understanding of when the name will have to be set by?

JAG
I'm not really sure. Maybe he will create the forum with a temporary name - or maybe because he can see this process happening he'll wait a bit. The original poll is set up for three days, so I guess sometime over the weekend would be good.

My own credo for diving in Japan

Travel to distant rocky shores...
Plunge deep into pristine waters...
Marvel at beautiful creatures...
Then eat them.

My wife and I have a private joke that so many travel shows in Japan involve people going to another country, checking out some cool animals in the wild, then eating some of them...

JAG

LOL. It's not just the travel shows - half the stuff on NHK seems to be about eating, and then particularly some form of seafood. I often wonder why there isn't more obeisity here - although the diabetes rates are among the highest in the world.(probably comes from so much sugar in the cooking)

Yup, the preoccupation with eating here is funny.

Didn't know about the diabetes, though the high incidence of stomach cancer among men is alarming.

You seem to spend about as much time on computer as I do...

JAG

jagfish:
<snip>
You seem to spend about as much time on computer as I do...

JAG
Yup! :wink:

I'm at school - so when I'm not actually giving classes, there's not much else to do! Actually I have my last 3 classes today, then I'm finished till October!
I went to an ALT meeting last monday (Assistant Language Teacher) - one guy spent the whole day watching downloaded American sitcoms!!! At least doing this - they all see me typing - and they can't understand the screen anyway!!:D

Jim and Kim, you guys quit goofing off and get back to work!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom