Time is Running Out To Help Fund Local Reality Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Videodude

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Everyone!

We're halfway through our Dive Charter Kickstarter Fundraising Project and we are just under halfway towards our funding goal! There are only 15 days left to become a backer and help keep the show going!

Did you go diving this past weekend? Think about what you normally spend on a dive trip. Sunday was a total blowout diving-wise here in South Florida, so you didn't have to spend any money on charter boats, gear rentals, tank fills and such. Now you have money burning a hole in your pocket which you had already budgeted for something, why not put it up as a pledge to help keep a fun, informative show about our area diving going? Then, when we get picked up by the networks, you can say you were an original backer of the show!

Time is running out! Go to the link below and support the show! You can pledge for as little as $10 and your pledge earns you a reward based on the amount you pledge. Even if you don't have the money now, you can still pledge! Once the goal is reached, money is not collected until project end date of May 15. Help keep the show going, it's a great advertisement for the Pompano Beach area and diving in general!

Link to Dive Charter Kickstarter Project

Thanks in advance for your support!

How much are you looking to raise?

Did you pitch the show to any networks? If so what was the response?

How much are you looking to raise?

Did you pitch the show to any networks? If so what was the response?

Since this was our first attempt at raising funds we only did a portion of the show's budget. $3000 is the amount we're looking for, but we will certainly accept all we can get! Kickstarter projects are "All or Nothing", meaning if we don't meet the funding goal before the May 15 deadline, we get nothing.

As for pitching to networks, we're in sort of a Catch-22 position right now. Not enough episodes to create a buzz with the networks, and not enough money to make more. It has been pitched to several dive manufacturers for sponsorship opportunities, which would help make up the rest of the budget. Just waiting on replies.

If you have any connections to networks, I'm certainly interested!

You know that it's quite an uphill battle, especially on a shoestring budget. Probably the easiest job of the whole project is making the show. Phone calls from connected people might make it easier to get in the door to a network, but even then your product has to stand on its own.

For what it's worth, nickel/dime sponsors aren't going to get the job done. You are going to have to find advertisers to sponsor the show. That will be the hardest part of the job. Brush up on the sales pitch, and stand by for a lot of rejection. Sorry, but that's the game

Have you looked at purchasing night-owl time on any of the local channels? Buy the 30 mins and sell 9 mins to advertisers. There has been more than one small budget show that incorporates advertisers in the program. The cable network fishing shows are notorious for that. Incorporate more Pompano Beach/Broward County and try the TDC for sponsorship.

Honestly I don't know how you're going to put together a broadcast quality production for 3K. If you pull it off you will accomplished something. Good Luck!

Reck Diver
I AM currently working on some public access and late night stuff with local cable company and local channels. I also have some talks underway with gear manufacturers to be advertisers/sponsors, which we want to have cover the rest of the budget. As for the $3000, I mentioned in my last reply that this was a "portion of the show's budget". Since this was our first attempt at Kickstarter, we weren't sure how much would actually be pledged, so we took a small part of the budget to see what would happen.

Thanks for your insight!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom