Time limit to complete courses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spc751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a time limit to complete the dives required for SSI Specially courses?

I did the theory classes for Navigation and Night/LimitedVisibility in November 2011 and have not been able to complete the dives. I have asked the instructor/shop many times about setting up a time but he has never set a date.

I have been taking PADI courses since because they do the dives immediately.

Am I going to have to redo both these courses?

Here is an answer from the 2012 Standards...

Probably not what you want to hear - I'd note that This isn't necessarily an indication of weather you will, or should, be paying again...

13. Time Period of Completion​
: All SSI programs arerequired to be completed within 6 months of theirlast academic/pool/confined water training. If it hasbeen more than 6 months, the Dive Center/ Instructorwill need to conduct a revaluation to determine if thestudent is proficient in the academic and water skillsto continue. If it has been more than 12 months sincethe start of the SSI program the student must repeat
a complete program.

Not really what I wanted to hear but thank you for the information.

I think that the dive center would want to make good on your commitment by trying to finish the dives. But, like stated above, you will probably need to spend a little refresher time with an instructor on the classroom portion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom