Time stamp of appended posts is a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
See 2012 SEC Football thread. I posted yesterday (Friday) then again twice today (Saturday.) My posts were appended because no one else posted in the interim. However, the time stamp from the original post (Friday) seems to be dominant. Therefore, if anyone else interested in this thread were to look in the "What's New" the 2012 SEC Football thread does not appear.

I think this is a problem. Latest time stamp should be from the last entry, even if it is appended to another post.

I have moved this post to the "Feedback" forum, as this is feedback, and not actually anything that needs fixing.

Your suggestion is noted.

Thanks for mentioning your objection.

However... This feature which prevents "bumping" does exactly what it should do. Prevents post bumping. Moving a thread to the "latest post" when you just keep replying to yourself is in fact "bumping"

While there may be one or two legitimate reasons to post multiple times after yourself, and have it bump to the top of new posts (like perhaps your case) - in the words of Mister Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Pete and I have agreed, that this feature needs no modification.

Thanks Howard, I see your point. Sometimes on threads that don't receive a lot of activity, like the 2012 SEC Football, not moving back to the "What's New?" list causes it to be further forgotten.

Oh, well. :idk:

Gary, a concatenated post triggers a new notification email to anybody subscribed to the thread, and IIRC it also appears in Live Feed as a separate entry. So it "bumps" in other ways, just not in the list of new posts. As a result, one solution to reaching your intended audience would be to encourage interested parties to actually subscribe to the thread instead of relying only on the new posts list to learn when an addition has been made.

Or, I could post more often with my phone. :D

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom