Time to deep six "Deep Sea Salvage"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AC26XP

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone watching this show on History Channel: Deep Sea Salvage...?

It seems to me that very little of it is actual "deep sea" activity.
I have watched 4 episodes.
While half of one episode did deal with saving a sunken rig structure in 100+ feet of ocean (wherein one diver gets the bends and has to be rushed into the recompression chamber), the remainder of the 4 episodes seem to revolve around harbor and river jobs and a happy-go-lucky, accident prone, good 'ol boy named Lunchbox who seems to be the comic relief for cast and crew.

Lunchbox backs the heavy excavator into a pool of mud and gets stuck: "Ain't my fault."
Lunchbox drives the barge crane into high power tension wires that span the canal: "Ain't my fault."
Lunchbox falls down into the water and the crew laughs, calling him Humpty-Dumpty: "Ain't my fault.".
Oh... that Lunchbox, he's so silly.

Granted I know nothing of Bisso Salvage corporate culture or salvage ops culture in general, but the way the job-site antics and "shrug-off" accidents-that-could-have-easily-been-prevented are portrayed don't seem too professional to me.

Happy Diving,
AC

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom