Time to open the Solo Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it out to be open to viewing by all. The forum allows people recently certified, or even not certified at all, to read about technical diving, yes? Those threads on 'deep air' don't recall submitting a special request and getting individual approval do they?

Richard.

How does one go about joining??......I haven't had a dive buddy in over 7 or 8 years now---solo is the way I fly now(unless my wife wants to make a dive.:)).....

EDIT:...my post just showed up......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, hmmmm. Were you able to read posts in this forum before joining?

Here is a thread where I included a link to a post in this forum and a Scubaboard member couldn’t read it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...-inverted-doubles-bull-barsl.html#post6428199

Last edited:
+1

Why exactly do we "need" to open this forum up? If you're lonely, go get a buddy.

To share our collective brilliance with the rest of the unenlightened world of course! :wink:

Exactly. Is the point of the Forum to talk among ourselves (the believers) or to spread the gospel.

If solo diving discussion is going mainstream open forum (Basic no less), keeping the solo forum as permission group only seems a little pointless.

I don't know how much of a "mainstream" is going. Following the ZGear thread shows a lot of the exact elements that we try to avoid here.

"Solo is bad" "Solo is bad but if you do it the way I do it, is not so bad" "You are out of your mind if you don't do as I say"

...and let's not forget the continuous sprinklings of "I always make sure to explain to others how I only solo under A-B and C circumstances, but that's bad"

To have that here? really? look around, is so nice and quiet... let's just figure a way to keep the sidemount thread that just started.... hmmm with all the hose connections and valves, is perfect for SB.

Back
Top Bottom