Tips and Cheats :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermudaskink

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just a few for begginners from a begginner...

:tinker:

1) Take several shots of the same thing if you can. Better chance of getting a good shot. Digital cameras best for this. No film wastage!

2) Try and get level with or slightly below marine life - a pic looking down on a fish is not as cool to look at, as one looking up at it or from the side. I remember reading that "when shooting pics of nature, try and be looking up at it, rather than down on it. The impression you get is far more in awe of what you capture in the lense"....

3) Play around with your pics on a simple computer program. You don't need photoshop for some simple tricks. Download a program for free called "Irfanview" (search for it). Using this you can make your pics black and white, bring up the contrast, sharpen them up a little, bring up the reds and fade out the blues. This program is also great for flipping through your digital pics, putting them on a slideshow, rotating them and resizing them. The best and easiest to use, free one I have ever found!

4) You don't need a huge chunky and expensive camera with UW housing to get some great shots. Any mid range digital camera that has housing available will do. On land I use a Cannon EOS 5 but in the water I use the Sony DSC- P1 (3.2 megapixles) with the marine housing. Total cost $500 (4 years ago!). Now you can get a 4 megapixel camera and housing for that much. Pentax makes good compact digitals with housing and so does Olympus. In good light and visibility - these small digital cameras take fantastic pics and are easy to dive with (waterproof to 30m usually).

It's not always the camera that can take good pictures - it's YOU!!

:mdance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom