Tips for new G7x ii user

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally upgraded my camera, and will be trying out my G7x ii (Fantasea housing) with two YS-D2's, which are also new to me, next week in Bonaire. I've read the "recommended settings" article, and it closely mimicked the settings I would use with my old camera, so hopefully the learning curve with this new setup won't be too big.

Any tips from any G7x ii / YS-D2 users would be greatly appreciated. This will also be my first time trying out TTL, so I'd be curious to hear how well that works with this setup, or if manual strength adjustments is the better way to go. Also, I noticed there is an "Underwater" white balance setting, so I'm curious how well that works as well, even though I'll be shooting in RAW.

Thanks in advance!

Damn bro your shots are awesome. That's what I need to learn to do

Thanks, I appreciate it. It was my first trip with a non-SeaLife camera and strobes, so it was a lot of trial and error, but I definitely think I'll like this setup with more practice. I've got 2 weeks in Raja Ampat and Lembeh coming up in March, so hopefully I can remember the things I learned from my first trip with it...lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom