Tips for portable 'rinse bucket' that could be packed in luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cephalopod2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have tips for something which could be packed in regular luggage (international + domestic flights) that could be used as a portable rinse bucket for a housed SLR rig?

I've dove several locations without viable camera rinse facilities before, but never for 10 days, which will definitely be rougher on the camera. I'm talking about places where

- none
of the dive ops have camera rinse buckets
- no bathtubs in hotel rooms (camera's too big for the sink) and no bucket loaners possible from accommodation
- I have no local transport (car etc) and there are usually no local markets with large enough plastic buckets nearby in any case

I have done the hose/shower thing before, but that doesn't do a great job of removing salt in tighter spots and I believe it's not recommended for housings anyway.

I am thinking about getting a large soft cooler (foldable) since there are also issues with safe transport of the camera on the RIB (Africa surf launches). Not sure whether they would hold their sides if actually filled with water however.

I'm sure others have experienced this so I am hopeful for your tips and recommendations.
Many thanks.

I use a large NorChill Cooler Bag even on big charter boats.
It folds fairly flat or I actually pack clothes inside it then stuff it inside my gear bag for travel.

Hope this helps

soft sided cooler/tote and trash bag liners.....

I too recommend the AO cooler bags for portable rinse bucket, and camera bag.

Collapsible washing-up bowls are readily available in various forms at camping stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom