‘Tis the Season for Scuba Santa’s Wish Lists & Gift Lists

Where will you be spending your scuba money?

• I will be supporting small business by buying scuba gear/education at my local dive shop.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I will be diving into the interwebz for the best gear deals

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I am primarily spending on scuba travel

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I am primarily spending on scuba training

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Scuba Scrooge says Bah Humbug! No scuba surprises for me.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As the gift season approaches, is the gift of Scuba on your wish list or gift list? Will you be spending your scuba funds on travel, gear, or training?

With Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, will you be buying locally to support your LDS or will you be web shopping.

ScubaBoard Sponsors include manufacturers, e-commerce businesses, local dive shops, and dive travel businesses.

What’s on your list(s) and where will you be spending your money?

In general I always try to support my LDS. They have competitive prices compared to online and if the price is close I don't actually mind spending small amount extra at the store. They have really good customer service and returns if I don't like the price so for me price isn't the only factor or consideration.

I've already spent a significant amount of money this year on a regulator. I have all my gear except a tank but to complete my dream set I will be getting a new AI dive computer with wireless transmitter. The new model probably won't come out until next year so I'm going to wait for now. I had planned on getting a new set of moderately priced regulators for my daughter but have to get the green light from the non-diving spouse first but probably not for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

And while not for the holidays in particular I usually ask for scuba courses for Father's day or my birthday. I still need rescue diver certification and that will be my next course but not for a while since I don't have time for lessons for a few months.

We have been waiting for awhile to schedule a scuba class (GUE Primer).

Probably most of the money we spend next year on scuba will be for travel. I'm happy to support my LDS but not to the extent that it costs much more. Sorry for that limitation, folks.

- Bill

Pfff I could probably fill a page with what I want.

Let's start with a drysuit+fins. Then I would like to get my rescue cert. Get my nitrox, go on some awsome divetrips. Get training for doubles and get doubles. Get a nice bp/wing setup. Then a sh*t ton more dives. (around 300) advanced nitrox and trimix cert. Get some more dives. And then go into tech (allot more stuff and training)

I know Santa is a really cool guy, but I doubt he has that much money.

Ps: I wouldn't mind a pool in my backyard either.

jord

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Your poll could use an option for supporting small business by buying direct from new, innovative manufacturers. In my case, I bought a scooter from Logic Dive Gear. That was enough spending for me for a while, but another big outlay for a CCR with a bunch of fancy Shearwater trimmings is in the cards for 2014.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom