Tissue Loading tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffin88

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here to these boards. I've been diving about 4 years now and just started some technical diving courses (Adv Nitrox and Deco). For various reasons I decided it would be a good exercise to write a computer program that does a lot of the dive planning calculations for me (CNS, gas requirements, deco stops and times, etc). Currently I stored the Navy Deco Table into my program and use that information. For instance an 85' dive for 65 minutes will bring up the deco stops for a 90' for 70 minutes. However, I did a search online for a Buhlmann algorithm and, while I found it listed on one website, it didn't have the tissue loading tables or the a/b values tables.
I did a further search and found these boards where someone said the Buhlmann tables are outdated, though, good for their time. I was wondering if anyone had information for me as to where I could find a more modern algorithm with which to use for my program and also the tables I need for the Buhlmann algorithm. I want them so that I can check my figures against the Buhlmann deco tables.

Thanks
Marc

griffin88:
Hi all,

I'm new here to these boards. I've been diving about 4 years now and just started some technical diving courses (Adv Nitrox and Deco). For various reasons I decided it would be a good exercise to write a computer program that does a lot of the dive planning calculations for me (CNS, gas requirements, deco stops and times, etc). Currently I stored the Navy Deco Table into my program and use that information. For instance an 85' dive for 65 minutes will bring up the deco stops for a 90' for 70 minutes. However, I did a search online for a Buhlmann algorithm and, while I found it listed on one website, it didn't have the tissue loading tables or the a/b values tables.
I did a further search and found these boards where someone said the Buhlmann tables are outdated, though, good for their time. I was wondering if anyone had information for me as to where I could find a more modern algorithm with which to use for my program and also the tables I need for the Buhlmann algorithm. I want them so that I can check my figures against the Buhlmann deco tables.

Thanks
Marc

Hey Marc,
I think the VPM model used in the v-planner is out there in fortran and I have a c version that I downloaded but I can't remember where it came from either. If you can't find the source code PM me and I'll send it to you.

cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom