Titan LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattroz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I have a Titan LX Supreme with Yoke first stage, It says that it's rated to 3000psi. Is there anyway to get it fixed to make it able to handle 3442psi or can I use my Regulator and not worry?

Thanks for your help

I have the Titan LX and have use it a bunch of times with the yoke. I asked the owner of my LDS as he sold it to me and is very knowledgeable in the aqualung products. He said that 3442 psi would be fine. However, I just bought the din piece on ebay for $30 and had it changed in 5 minutes. It was an easy choice for me because I bought a pst tank with the din/yoke valve. Works great!!!

Thats exactly why i'm asking, i just bought a pst tank with the provalve. the DIN piece is it the adaptor?

the DIN piece would convert your regulator to DIN. Although the switch is quick, it is more permanent. I wise choice as not only is it rated to 300 bar but it is also low profile, and doesn't kill as many o-rings.
In response to your question though, yes, your yoke is fine. I know many people in your situation that use them on the PST tanks.

I'm planning to switch it to DIN eventaully, i just have priority on a couple of other scuba expenses.

My husband has that regulator and dives PST HP 100s. They work fine together.

I asked the same question to the people at Aqualung customer support. Here is the response they gave me:
Hello Jim, the maximum pressure as per the CGA (Compressed Gas Association) to be used with the standard yoke setup is 232 Bar. The maximum pressure we have established for our yokes is 3300 PSI and you should not use a cylinder with pressure over that. You will have to go DIN for anything over 3300 PSI with our regulators. Our future yokes will be stamped 3300 PSI.

I would expect that they would rate it conservatively, and I do know people that use this first stage at 3442 without problems.

well i might switch to din because it seems like it's the new standard... maybe not for rental tanks but i have my own tanks for the most part

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom