Titanium tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo:
What, like thousands? I had a guy tell me that someone had manufactured them at one time and that they only weighed about 8 pounds. I'd pay a thou if it only weighed that much, maybe more.

Depends on the volume, if you had a custom run of 5 aluminum tanks, I would wager it would cost a grand a piece for the tooling costs. You would need A LOT of people willing to buy Ti tanks to make it worth while.

P.S. I like your idea Andy, can I be the man with the golden fins?

P.S. I like your idea Andy, can I be the man with the golden fins?[/QUOTE]

You're gonna be fooooooooooooooooot heavy. And don't say I didn't tell ya so!! :D

the 24 K-arat Man

I might have to add a golden mask to help with trim

dang ... the Man with the Golden Mask is a lot cooler than the Man with the Golden Tank

hmmm.. nothing left for me to do but to get a big speargun .... made out of gold ...

and be known as... The Man with the Golden Gun

Another consideration in a Ti tank would be the fundamental O2 incompatibility
of Ti. Me, I prefer a heavy tank and less lead vs. a light tank and more lead.

Well, I'll have my thumb gold plated so that when I signal to go up I can be called . . . . . . . . . . . . . K-ooooooooooooooooolllld Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnngaaaaaaaahhhhhh !!!!

lol!

too funny

I'm shameless . . . . !!!!

But really, follks . . . . .

Remember that the buoyancy of the tank has to be offset in order to be neutrally buoyant at depth, so if you have a lighter tank, then you have to have more lead to get you to the stasis of neutral buoyancy.

And then it would become problematic as to where to attach all of the weight required in order to trim out properly.

the K

Price for the custom Ti spheres for a Hugin 3000 AUV about $200,000 for the smaller about 1.5ft in dia. or $400,000 to $500,000 for the larger one about 2.5ft. in dia. of course these prices are inflated because we can only buy them from the manufacturer but luckily we never had to replace them yet, they are pretty tuff as long as you don't scratch them anywhere near the lip where the oring goes.

holy beejesus!

so what do you do with these AUV at 3000m?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom