TN. Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone has any information on cave diving in the T.A.G area. Tennessee, Alabama, Georga area. I would love to dive these caves.

If you get the chance, after you certify, join the NSS and hook up with local cavers.

Most of them will be drycavers, but if they know you, they'll call on you and your buds if they find something worth looking into.

T-A-G caves, like those here, tend to be on private property, so being a member of a respected group eases the entry.

Finally, you might join the Cavers message board. www.extendedrange.com

Get good training, do you "time", Join or build a team and go explore!

Dive safe
Brock

Are there anyone on the board that is from Tennessee and if so are you already a cave diver and if not are you going to become a cave diver. Im looking for someone close to take the course with to cut down on the cost if done by myself it will cost twice the price of two people. I would like to have someone from the TN area to do the course with that way I'll have someone in the area to cave dive with.

Roguediver,

I live in the Knoxville area. There is a dive shop close by in Maryville, Rhea's Diving who offers a cave class. Alan, the owner says there are divable caves all over this area. They offer the cave class by getting a group together to go to FL to the GUE place. He was saying he is in the process of switching over his technical classes to it...

peace.

weezle

thanks man I think i have there web site. I also think that the guy who started Rheas scuba lives in florida now and is an instructor for gue David Rhea is his name i think. But thanks for the information.

:sharky:

Yup, that's him - but I know Alan was talking about caves in this area...

cool weezle

Thata great after i get my training done i hope i can dive them. Off hand do you know where any of them are. thanks

roguediver:
Are there anyone on the board that is from Tennessee and if so are you already a cave diver and if not are you going to become a cave diver. Im looking for someone close to take the course with to cut down on the cost if done by myself it will cost twice the price of two people. I would like to have someone from the TN area to do the course with that way I'll have someone in the area to cave dive with.
did you ever find anyone? I want to cave dive but my husband doesn't? so I have no buddy on this one

beachdivequeenbelam:
did you ever find anyone? I want to cave dive but my husband doesn't? so I have no buddy on this one

Sorry about takong so long to respond to this, but Uncle Sam thought it would be a good idea to ship me out for a year or so. Im still gone and will not be back home until April 2005 (I hope). I have not found someone to go through the traing with as of yet. Im going to take some time off when I get back and go to FLA to at least take cavern/Intro before I have to go back to work. Still on the look out for a good instructor also. Talk to you guys soon.

Jeff

That is kind of funny now that I read your post again. My wife loves to dive but does not wont to cave dive, which is fine with me I dont wont her to do it just because of me. You can never have to many dive buddies right.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom