TN. Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
BTW, that last dive was pretty easy...

Once we got our gear down the mountain, accross the lake and up the other mountain using ropes. LOL

You must have gotten lucky. Our cave was a small sidemount crawl through a stream bed then into a pit to a one cylinder off / sidemount squeeze at 135 feet and into a water solution tube and 4 foot of vis. we ended the dive at 170 feet with passage still going. Pentration only around 600 feet.

I can give you the gps coordinates and a little map of the system if you want to go lay more line at the end. :) Hint: take some good helium mix and some WARM drysuit undergarment.

Curt Bowen:
You must have gotten lucky. Our cave was a small sidemount crawl through a stream bed then into a pit to a one cylinder off / sidemount squeeze at 135 feet and into a water solution tube and 4 foot of vis. we ended the dive at 170 feet with passage still going. Pentration only around 600 feet.

I can give you the gps coordinates and a little map of the system if you want to go lay more line at the end. :) Hint: take some good helium mix and some WARM drysuit undergarment.

You guys have fun with that :wink:

Thanks Guys

I have a long traing road ahead of me before I will do any exploration in the Tennessee area caves. I have been in caves all over the state (dry). Thank you for the information. Mr. Bowens, I just wonted to let you know that I just read again and article from ADM that you were in Exploration BEYOND THE SUMP...? and I liked it alot. That area around Murfressbourgh is loaded with caves. Once again thank you for all the information.

Jeff

roguediver:
Thanks Guys

I have a long traing road ahead of me before I will do any exploration in the Tennessee area caves. I have been in caves all over the state (dry). Thank you for the information. Mr. Bowens, I just wonted to let you know that I just read again and article from ADM that you were in Exploration BEYOND THE SUMP...? and I liked it alot. That area around Murfressbourgh is loaded with caves. Once again thank you for all the information.

Jeff
I have been too. All my life I have rappelled, rock climbing and in caves. There are a lot of caves in East TN too. My family lives there and I grew up part of my life.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom