To dive or not to dive, that is the question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a diver from the Toronto area and most of my logged dives are in the cold waters of this area. There are MANY shallow water dives that the OP can do....I do them every weekend. Groundhog Divers Forum is a great spot to get to know local people that want to dive on these many shallow sites (check my site Dive Sites - Diving My Way for some of these shallower sites). If you are diving with the "record setting" buddy and are uncomfortable with that style of diving then you are with the wrong person. You and your buddy need to know what each other wants to get from the dive before you get in the water and "Plan the dive and Dive the plan".

The forum I linked to is where I dive through and they are great people and for the most part not the "record setting" type.

BTW....Edit....PM me or email me at any point if you have any questions about diving locally. I would be glad to help out.

Taken locally in about 35 fsw
DSCN0396.JPG

Site that is no deeper than 20 feet (and the ice is only there in the winter)
IMG_00094.JPG

Taken in Tobermory in about 50 fsw (and yes this was an OOPS and unintentional while towing the line)
IMG_00127.JPG

Steve,

Where is the first picture taken? Who set that up. I like their sense of humour. It reminds me of the police services divers who put a parking ticket on a motorcycle on the Wolfe Islander II.

It is taken at Cedar Hill in Wiarton. It is a GREAT shore dive spot. Very easy entry, comfortable diving (usually a slight current at the most), things to see from 20' to 90' with depths that exceed recreational limits. The bottom is a gentle slope. This site comes highly recommended.

FYI....this is a series of pictures I have taken at that site Cedar Hill Pictures and FYI the background on the page is actually the place that you suit up (about 50 feet from the water).

Wow, it is obvious that I have not been talking to the right people before.

You all have really started to turn my thinking around on this subject.

Thanks for the ideas, the links, and over all support.

I am beginning to see that I probably need to broaden my search and dig a little deeper to find ways to dive the way I want to dive.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

To dive or not to dive, that is a dumb question
withou a risk there is no true advnture, so keep diving!!

Taken locally in about 35 fsw

Do you mean FFW?

You must be in the KW area, I find more of us every day!

Do you mean FFW?

You must be in the KW area, I find more of us every day!

Sorry...my bad. Force of habit. Fresh water it is. And yes the KW area it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom