To Lembeh or Not To Lembeh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance you can do Lembeh before the LOB?
If you do then it will get you into the groove of diving, groove of being in a warm tropical climate, get you over your jet lag, and you can make sure all your gear is working well. Just a suggestion!

I have to agree with Bill, after a 10 day LOB you are pretty nackered, I thought it was just the right length of time on board, but my wife felt it was a day or two too long.

Regardless whether it is before or after the LOB and even if you can only get two days of diving in Lembeh, then make it happen. It will be worth it.

Hi I have dived Lembeh on 3 one week trips and I enjoyed the muck diving there very much. I got talked into going to Tulamben (bali) as a clearer water alternative and have not regretted it. I love muck diving but small stuff is what gets me wound up and I would go to Tulamben over Lembeh anytime...

Regardless whether it is before or after the LOB and even if you can only get two days of diving in Lembeh, then make it happen. It will be worth it.

Trying!!!. So far I think I can do 3 days in Lembeh after the LOB if I can find the correct flights.

... I would go to Tulamben over Lembeh anytime...

Crap!! Didnt know about Tulamben. I was in Bali a few years back.

Tulamben has good muck diving and if you are next in Bali you should definitely get yourself up there BUT in my opinion Lembeh is definitely better. Lembeh has a far bigger diversity and concentration of critters.
3 days is enough for you to get to most of the good sites and to get a good feel of what Lembeh has to offer.

If at all possible, do Lembeh first!

As for a ten day LOB in Raja Ampat, I wanted ten more back to back!! That said, the weather was fabulous, the Dewi Nusantara was amazing and I had my own room :)

Thanks All.

I am going to Lembeh!!! Still trying to shift my plans so I can do it before the LOB. At the moment is 3 days after the LOB.

LOB comes back to Sorong. Same day I fly out to Manado; Garuda seems to have flights on that day at 13:50. Arrive in Manado around ~3pm. Be in resort at 5pm. Drink a few glasses of scotch.

Hmm Another choice. Is it easier to get to Ambon? How are flights from Ambon to Jakarta?
Yes, it's easier to get to Ambon, a roughly one hour flight that runs daily. Also, December is not the best season for Lembeh. Warmer water means the critters are deeper while it is prime time for Ambon.

If at all possible, do Lembeh first!

As for a ten day LOB in Raja Ampat, I wanted ten more back to back!! That said, the weather was fabulous, the Dewi Nusantara was amazing and I had my own room :)
I agree100%!!!! The longer the better!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom