To new FEMALE divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Can I dive while pregnant or while trying to get pregnant?"

do i look fat in this :D

sorry.......... ok seriously, i get asked this because students wont ask hubby, "what will the salt water do to my nails" (answer, i hvae no idea-i gave up on long nails years ago)

Reactions: Jax
Pregnancy, periods and breast feeding are the most common questions for female divers as can be noted from the post here on SB. Many women are hesitant to ask these questions if there are men in the class, so if I'm teaching women in a class I automatically address these issues so they won't be "forced" to ask.

Thanks for the input so far. As I'm trying to build a "library" of resource articles for women to go to (should they not have an instructor like JBD) when they have questions. So this is a great start for topics.

Annasea...I would have hit the "while pregnant" but missed the "while trying to get pregnant" one. So, these are quite helpful.

Keep 'em coming, as I will be writing, not only for GirlDiver, but for other pub's for the next few years...so I'm pretty sure everything will eventually get covered.

Thanks again...

All your questions were answered in two books:

"When women dive"
Erin Oneal & Ella Jean Morgan

"Women Underwater"
Jeanie Bear Sleeper
Dr. Susan Bangasser

I would also suggest that you read the previous post "Doing a paper on women in diving" (or something to that effect)

Women have been diving a long long time...might want to research Ama or Hae no divers,

Good luck!

SDM

Sam...

In response to your previously posted list of books for "doing a paper on women diving"...I was impressed. While that's a great resource for "me" to read...I'm writing for an audience that is new to scuba...possibly still trying to get through their OW book or haven't yet begun, so trying to write shorter, lighter articles, still addressing the subjects.

(BTW...I've actually printed that list off and the ones that I haven't read are on my goal list!)

And Geodive...while I didn't ponder that about MY instructor, I've met many instructors that I would have pondered that about...that's a good one!

Why do most instructors seem to feel it is necessary to buddy females together?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom