To Pee Or Not To Pee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the the question is not to pee or not, but how when and do you admit it or not.

I have been dehydrated while diving, it was definitely not worth the nice suit smell. So I prefer to drink generous amounts of water and if the timing of the urge is bad, I let her go but avoid doing so in the last 15 minutes of the dive. My thought is if I am drinking enough water, my pee is clear, not yellow/orange does not smell as bad and it has a better chance of flushing out of the suit.

I used to pee in my wetsuit. I hated the smell and the feeling of it being on my skin. I started holding it. I hated that. I have now installed a pee valve in my wetsuit. It only cost me around five bucks. Smell free, pee free, clean skin.

When I get a drysuit, I will have a pee valve in that too.

There are two kinds of divers,
those who pee in their wetsuits
and those who deny they do it.

Yep. No asparagus the day before, fer shure.

I used to pee in my wetsuit. I hated the smell and the feeling of it being on my skin. I started holding it. I hated that. I have now installed a pee valve in my wetsuit. It only cost me around five bucks. Smell free, pee free, clean skin.

When I get a drysuit, I will have a pee valve in that too.

You must have found a killer deal on a p-valve.
I drink tons of water when I dive. I think there is something about the water pressure that immediately triggers the need to urinate. It becomes painful if I try to hold it.
When I bought my drysuit last year I had to buy a she-p and p-valve.
I pee in my wetsuit, but before I get on the boat I pull my neck seal open to get a good flush inside my suit. Otherwise, when you take you suit off the urine leaks on the deck and that's just gross.
When I get home I soak my wetsuit in the bathtub with warm water and simple green. I have never had a problem with odor.

Oh for crying out loud. PEE! If you gotta go then just GO! Why anyone would waste precious dive time holding in pain is beyond me. It's just a wetsuit and it's not going to hold pee any more than it holds sea water.

If you're relaxed enough to let it go at 70 feet then that's a GOOD THING! Calm, relaxed divers are good divers...

-Charles

I pee all the time in drysuit dives but it took me about 3 years to overcome the block to try it in wetsuit. I tried in Bonaire thinking it can't be disaster in thin suit and on shore dive. Well, I didn't like it. I flushed and I still did come up stinking, just like I feel people on boats do.* I had drank like 3 liters of water by that dive, so it was not mustard I was peeing either.

I do not think it is for me and I think I will stick to drysuit peeing and will refrain from peeing when on charter boats/close quarters unless it's an emergency. I envy others with less sensitive noses and neurotic natures :D

*I realize the worst offenders are most likely divers who are poor on wetsuit hygiene in general

I haven't done it yet in my own wetsuit though I came really close a couple of times. Not to mention a couple of close calls on No. 2 and I almost had to contemplate the Warhammer Maneuver.

I haven't done it yet in my own wetsuit though I came really close a couple of times. Not to mention a couple of close calls on No. 2 and I almost had to contemplate the Warhammer Maneuver.

:rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom