Tobago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOC THANKS!!!!

I have not had time to digest all the info reported, but I wanted to tell you thank you right away for responding in such detail. I love a great adventure and it sounds like Tobago will deliver. We are using air miles to get there so unfortunately we have to spend an overnight in Trinidad. I know it will be worth the extra effort it takes to get there.

Laine

Amoeba,

I will be sure to start watching the board a few days after your return date to read your trip report. Besides info on the diving we are always interested in opinions on places to eat, activities and of course any "DO NOT DO" recommendations.

Let me know what hotels and dive operations you decide on.

Thanks again.

Laine

Hey Trinidad is ok
Steel pan and limbo was invented here.
And the food is real cosmoploitan as 44% of the population is of East Indian descent.

Egg007,

Using our air miles to get to Tobago so we need to spend an overnight in Trinidad. Do you know of the best place to stay close to the airport for early morning departure?

Thanks,

Laine

the closest is the piarco International Hotel and Includes complementary shuttle from hotel.
1-868-669-3030
email piarcohotel@mailcity.com
I have never stayed here but I know that
Some of the airlines use this hotel/guest house.
It makes sense the cost of a taxi to the capital city is $20-30us.

egg007,

Thanks for your suggestion and prompt reply to my question!

Laine

Hey guys.
Just a quick post to let you know that I'm back and I haven't forgotten about the info - however I'm right smack bang in the middle of looking for a job so as soon as I can put pen to paper (or in this case keyboard to ....? CPU?) I'll let you know all about it. I'll also get the photo's developed (only above water shots I'm afraid) and add any good ones.

Cheers,

Gayle

(The one who no longer looks as if she lives under a rock. At least for the next week anyway.)

Just re-read the previous posts guys and concur with Egg that the Piarco is the place to stay. It was recommended to us by a local (other than Egg) over and above the 'other' hotel on the airport. It is relatively cheap, cost us US$140 for 3 of us in one room. Our room was nice, though a week later, my sister was forced to stay a night in Trinidad (airline screwup) and she said that the room that they had was on the grungy side. It's main advantage (other than being 3 1/2 minutes away from the airport) is that they serve amazing Gin and Tonics, just what you need after that long international flight! :)
One other thing, aim to check out with a reasonable amount of time to get to the airport, we were a bit pushed and then horror of horrors their Credit Card machine went on the blink. Major oops especially as we didn't have any cash and couldn't wait until they got it fixed. So I crossed fingers and signed little piece of paper authorising them to take it out at a later stage. (Fingers crossed and eagle eye on the cc statement).
The other problem with staying in Port of Spain overnight is the morning/evening rush hour! I thought London was bad! Eight o'clock in the morning and it took us over an hour and a half! (Egg, how do you guys stand it? It's certainly not like the rest of the Islands)

That's it for now guys. I'll add the rest later.
Gayle

Hi Gayle,

Thank for your recent updates. Great info to help start our trip on the right FIN!

Looking forward to your trip report. We leave for Roatan a week from Sat. then the countdown to Tobago!

Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom