Today at Disney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soup Sammich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
About a year ago, my wife asked me if I wanted to take our then 4 year old to Disney. I half joked that I would go only if I got to dive Disney. Obviously my game was weak, and she called me on my request. Fast forward to today...
My wife can’t equalize, so she has never seen me dive. Our 5 year old is 100% in line to be a diver as soon as he is old enough.
Yes, it’s diving in an aquarium. Yes, it’s $170.
Also, yes, I had my first encounter with a manta ray before the dive kicked off. Yes, I got run into by a large loggerhead, while I was still on the dive platform.
The Divequest crew was chilled, polite, well rehearsed, and totally professional.
If you get the opportunity to make this dive, do it.
Loved it!

.. Yes, it’s $170....
But includes free $120 admission to Epcot so it's a pretty good dive deal and food festival.
Glad you enjoyed it!!
Bonus=happy wife!

But includes free $120 admission to Epcot so it's a pretty good dive deal and food festival.
Glad you enjoyed it!!
Bonus=happy wife!
Dude, I nearly peed my pants with happiness over this deal, only to call Disney and find out, "NO" They pick you up and drop you off at the entrance, park admission is separate. This after being tormented by endless automated recorded requests for my information. Hmph, I will NOT be having a "Magical Day"
Oh, and total price with tax for each diver is $190.64 USD

Two summers ago we flew to Ft Lauderdale for some boat dives, but a Gulf storm cancelled all our dives. So to keep from wasting a trip, we went to BHB twice and drove up to Epcot. We really enjoyed Epcot, and I got this great pic!

EpcotDiveQuest_SandTiger_20JUN2017_zpsxjagnprw.png

Divequest really is fun. Super easy diving, and in my experience it's the most "valet" dive I've ever done. Lots of animals. The only thing that's a bummer is that you don't get to stay in the water longer and it's kind of expensive. I thought it was worth it.

I do not know if the fee when I did it included the park or not. All I know is that I went to the park by myself and entered the dive area. After the dive I walked out a door and look at that I am now in the park. Don't know if the park was supposed to be included or not but it was for me. In fact it was a nuisance since I did not want to see the park since I had been there before so I had to find my way out and back to the car.

Yeah, the entrance and exit is to the side of the park right outside the entrance. If you have a Disney Visa card you can get a discount on the price.

I did this dive recently and, of course, my favorite part was seeing my toddler and wife on the other side of the glass. The dive itself was great and the staff first rate, but how often can you see family watching you dive?

When we did it you didn't get in the park free, they came and got you at some entrance. Afterwards they did let you out into the park. But all the dives were pretty late in the day so it wasn't a whole day admission, maybe you'd get a few hours out of it. Just enough time to have dinner and spend some more money. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom