Today at Disney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love Disney. Actually I just planted a seed with my family to start thinking about our next trip. Now I’m excited to dive there!

Dude, I nearly peed my pants with happiness over this deal, only to call Disney and find out, "NO" They pick you up and drop you off at the entrance, park admission is separate. This after being tormented by endless automated recorded requests for my information. Hmph, I will NOT be having a "Magical Day"
Oh, and total price with tax for each diver is $190.64 USD
When I went, they let us out into the park after the dive.

They do pick you up at the entrance to the park, off to one side. When you're done, they let you out into the regular guest areas of the living seas exhibit. I think the person you spoke to was just uninformed. It's legitimate, not like we're all sneaking in or even some wink wink deal.

I've done it twice, once with my daughter and once with my wife. Both times they did the same thing afterwards.

Don't forget to bring a backpack to carry your wet swimwear, towel, and mask around after the dive.

For this reason, I always try to get the earliest dive possible (they do a few each night). That way you get a little longer in the park. You might get to go on one or two rides, and eat something. I recall the better restaurants closing early, so we had to settle for Chinese the last time I was there.

I think the whole thing takes about 3 hours (about 45 minutes in the water). The earliest dive of the day is at 4:30pm so you get from 7:30pm to 10:00pm in Epcot. Sun-Thurs Epcot closes at 9:00 instead of 10:00 so one hour less. Also, they schedule dives at 5:30 and another for "private groups" at 6:30. Dive shops in Florida book private group dives so they can make a little extra coin on the deal.

Maybe the person you spoke to didn't really consider 2 1/2 hours (or less) in the park "getting in" or something. Like I said, lots of the stuff inside the park will close before the actual park closes.

Also, the dives get booked pretty far in advance. I guess that probably depends on time of year, but I've had trouble booking divequest if I didn't do it at least 3 months in advance.

I'm planning on this next year. My wife loves Disney, and last time we were there we got to watch divers swim by the dinner table. Now I'm excited to give it a try from the other side.

When I went, they let us out into the park after the dive.

They do pick you up at the entrance to the park, off to one side. When you're done, they let you out into the regular guest areas of the living seas exhibit. I think the person you spoke to was just uninformed. It's legitimate, not like we're all sneaking in or even some wink wink deal.

My dive was just a couple of months ago and they were quite clear that the dive did NOT include park admission, but as an annual passholder it made no difference to me. I had a later dive, but when done they did make all of us go back outside the park.

When I was there they told us that they had a bonnethead that they were holding in quarantine and would be releasing into the tank within a week or two, so if anyone goes now then you might get to see it.

Maybe they've changed. It's been about a year since I was last there.

Maybe they've changed. It's been about a year since I was last there.
And that's a possibility as well. As a long time Disney Annual Passholder and Vacation Club member, I can definitely say that there's been a renewed push to nickel and dime every single thing they can. If there's an extra penny to be had, they're going after it.

However, I have to say that the dive is still a pretty reasonable bargain, all things considering. You get a tour of the facility and a one tank dive with all gear included. A lot of times, the gear rental alone can run $75-$100. Yeah, sucks if you've already purchased gear but oh well, that's a small price to pay. And, you even get a t-shirt or hat afterward.

Plus a large percentage (75%?) goes towards conservation charities, or at least that's what they told us.

Edit: and you get a c-card and log sheet :)

And that's a possibility as well. As a long time Disney Annual Passholder and Vacation Club member, I can definitely say that there's been a renewed push to nickel and dime every single thing they can. If there's an extra penny to be had, they're going after it.

However, I have to say that the dive is still a pretty reasonable bargain, all things considering. You get a tour of the facility and a one tank dive with all gear included. A lot of times, the gear rental alone can run $75-$100. Yeah, sucks if you've already purchased gear but oh well, that's a small price to pay. And, you even get a t-shirt or hat afterward.
The hat is new. It was a t-shirt, naui bag, and some stickers for naui's conservation program in the past.

If they're changing things, maybe they'll upgrade that old 1990s era videocamera that they use to make interlaced SD videos.... wishful thinking, I know.

For me, it was a t-shirt, stickers, log book sheet, etc., but I understand that the swag varies from time to time.

When my wife saw the t-shirt, she asked why the logo looked like a sperm with a fin. I have never since been able to look at the logo without seeing the sperm.

For me, it was a t-shirt, stickers, log book sheet, etc., but I understand that the swag varies from time to time.

When my wife saw the t-shirt, she asked why the logo looked like a sperm with a fin. I have never since been able to look at the logo without seeing the sperm.
Man...I really liked that shirt. Now I'll never get that image out of my head! Why did you have to do it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom