Today's Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me!

Dive #: 1
Date: 4/14/2004
Water Temp: 68
Depth: 40fsw
Vis: 3ft
Comments: Swift currents and not much to see...did find some interesting "junk." An old anchor (don't go crazy, it wasn't that old), Some glass bottles (once I get them cleaned I'll give ya more details), and numerous pieces of encrusted metal (still have to clean to make a positive ID).

Dive #: 2
Date: 4/14/2004
Water Temp: 68
Depth: 34fsw
Vis: improved to about 5-7feet
Comments: Scouted a potential fossil bed, not much to find in the area of artifacts and such. Got a couple of small flat rocks (about the size of drink coasters) for my fish tank.

Left the water happy and content...hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a better day, going to check out the old Kings Ferry crossing on the St. Mary's River. Wish me luck!

You wouldnt happen to have any pics of where youre diving? Is that visibility typical?

I'm going out at 2. I'll drop a line when I get back.

jviehe:
You wouldnt happen to have any pics of where youre diving? Is that visibility typical?

For where I am at in the river (the Mayport / Sisters Creek Area), it varies. The best vis. I personally have had was about 10 feet or so. However, my dive buddy who has been diving the St. Johns all of his life - or so he says - claims to have had over 50 ft a couple of years ago. Next time I am out I'll take my camera along and snap a few shots.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom