Tofo or Guinjuita Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am planning a 10 day trip(6/7 dive days) to Mozambique in mid Nov, travelling solo.

What is the main difference between staying at Tofo & Guinjata bay? I assume resorts in both of these locations dive the premier nearby sites (e.g manta point..whale sharks)
Should I spend a week in one location or split my time between both of these locations?
i.e 4 days Tofo, 4 days Guinjata Bay.

Ideally I would like to buy a single package including flights from Joberg.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would definitely not miss out on Tofo. Both places basically dive the same sites, but it's a shorter run from Tofo to two great sites - Amazon and Office. Don't miss out on a dive at Giants Castle, also from Tofo. I would probably stay in Tofo and dive with Tofo Scuba.

Don't think there is anything wrong with Guinjata, but if I only have 7 diving days I prefer not to move around.

I like Guinjata Resort because the dive master Kobie is excellent they have also just found 4 new dive sites the resort staff are great and Paul the owner is a great guy and he is always on site visit Guinjata Bay Mozambique, guinjata bay offers year round diving on some the most spectacular reefs in the world guinjatabay has many varieties of rare and beautiful fish and sea life for more info.
When I stay in Tofo I like Casa Barry visit Cassa Barry Lodge -Cassa Barry Tofo Bay - Mozambique Accommodation for more info and dive with Tofo Scuba
But it is actually 6 of one and half a dozen of the other
Can I help you with your booking and flight send me a mail john@guinjatabay.co.za or Skype justsharks

Didn't dive Guinjata but Tofo was really great. Spectacular beach, whale sharks and we saw a humback, mantas...just great diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom