For Sale Tokina AF DX 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye Zoom with Canon EF to Emount T Mark IV Metabones Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morgan Barsi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is the last piece of my Sony A6300 setup. It was used on five trips, and it's in pristene condition. I even have the original packaging.

Total retail was over $900, so I'll sell for $500.

Thank you,

Morgan

Attachments

• IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4062.JPG
    IMG_4062.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4059.JPG
    IMG_4059.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4060.JPG
    IMG_4060.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 84
Temping... I'm curious, how fast and accurate was the AF on this with the A6300? How is the corner performance? I shoot an A6300 with Sony 10-18mm, and while the AF is basically instant and rarely misses, the corners leave much to be desired - something that a fisheye should be much better at.

I was happy with it, but you might be a more sophisticated and pickier photographer than me. I went with it because it was what Backscatter recommended for the A6300.

Here is what they say about it, "For wide angle, the Tokina 10-17mm has been THE favorite APS-C wide angle lens since it came out. We’ve used it for years on both Nikon and Canon mounts. It is a fisheye zoom lens with an angle of coverage that ranges from 100-180 degrees, making it the ideal lens for underwater wide angle photography. The Sony a6500 can use the Canon mount Tokina 10-17mmwith either the Metabones or FotodioX adapter. Autofocus works quickly and accurately."

Sony a6500 Underwater Camera Review - Underwater Photography - Backscatter

As I said, tempting... but I already have a 10-18mm and a 7.5mm manual fisheye, and with my next upcoming destination being Philippines, I'd rather put my money towards a Nauticam SMC-1 for the tiny stuff rather than more wide-angle.

No worries. Just wanted to give you a more credible review than I can provide. :)

Enjoy your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom