Tonga humpbacks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW WP - Raimanas hotdog stand at Chopes has boards for hire. I inspected them closely - big ones, lil ones, long ones, short ones - you could always consider that option..you won't need your surfboard at range or faka.
I have custom boards. I know I could rent, but it's not a break I would want to surf on an unfamiliar board. FP is not in my immediate plans unless I win the lotto, so time will tell.

Awesome :) Is there any diving to be had around Vava'u? Or is it all just swimming? As in, is it worth taking dive gear, or not?

Yes there is although I have not done any myself as the trip I was planning fell through because of some other stuff that came up - check out this link as they were who I was going to use:

Come Scuba Diving with us! | Dolphin Pacific Diving

Don

Awesome :) Is there any diving to be had around Vava'u? Or is it all just swimming? As in, is it worth taking dive gear, or not?

Yes there is diving, although I would't call it a diving destination as such. I found the diving in Ha'apai group somewhat nicer, and they have whales too.
A place I absolutely fell in love with was the Matafonua Lodge. Darren and Nina are great hosts, beautiful location, diving, whale watching, kiteboarding, great little restaurant. Amazing Twin beach resorts in Ha'apai Tonga Matafonua and Sandy Beach.
Unfortunately he only hires couples as staff, otherwise I would be camping at this door till he gave me a job! :wink:

Vava'u has somewhat more scenic islands then the somewhat flat Ha'apai group.

Bump...
I would like to revamp this thread...
Are there any changes or the info provided in the thread is still valid?
Any idea about the costs of the trip?
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom