Tool list for reg service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One foot does it all.

DA-Foot.jpg

The bench does the rest.

Hook-Spanner.jpg

A vise is optional.

And park your car on your tanks to get the valves out.

And park your car on your tanks to get the valves out.

If you don't tighten them with a wrench to began with and you let to air out first, you don't need the car. :wink:

Yeah. The couple of hand whacks avoiding the painful bruise at the base of your thumb is good. That air thing gets you every time it does, but really

If you don't have a sheet rubber sling or cradle bolted to the side of your house for stiff ally's or for tapered threads or bottles kinda 25cf down without a big vice and aluminium jaws and paint and things, then the car on the bottle on the doormat on the grass is

Very good.

Except for the grass.

When you gonna order some reg protectors?

I have just about every tool that Scuba Tools has to offer with the exception of the basic hand tools, which I have collected over the years being a mechanic. It really depends on how easy you want the disassembly/reassembly process to be. If you are going to tune you will need some type of magnahelic guage to measure cracking effort. I would aslo assume that you already have some means of cleaning your parts thoroughly. I personally use a Sharpertek Ultrasonic with Global solution, but one could use a concoction of vinegar, etc. The regulators you mention are very basic and don't require much in the way of special tools to service, so I guess you are lucky.

A regular bolt is steel while the regulator is brass. If you ever have to put more pressure on that connection than it can take, the regulator loses.

Mk10s are fine in a vise or even just stood on so body is fixed while the din retainer is loosened and tightened. I use an old HP hose screwed into my Mk2s. At least that is brass on brass with an o-ring to absorb some of the force.

The manual for Aqualung Conshelf XIV says to use "Vise tool or Spent CO2 cartridge"

CO2 cartridge, 12 gm, threaded

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom