Tooth Extraction + Implant - Your Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankly, I never want to see any one of the seven pieces that demon tooth came out as!

Hurts. But usually okay after the first 24 hours. :(

I had 3 implants and extractions. Needed to add bone to the jaw. All that being said I was able to dive very shortly after with no adverse effects

1) be sure to tell dentist / oral surgeon that you dive.
2) I had a major root canal that started with an infection. so the infection had to be cleared before the root canal was completed. The endodontist cleared me to dive. Went diving and at 60 feet, my jaw was pretty painful. On the ascent, I thought my face was peeling off! The endodontist told me that he neglected to mention I'd be fine....it was just gonna hurt!
3) after the final root canal work, on advice of a dive medicine friend, I held off diving for 2 days. All was good!

Reactions: Jax
Thanks! That's good to know. I will be giving it six weeks after the implant is inserted, and will not have a temporary prosthesis. I want no chance of the mouthpiece "fighting" with my implant.

To complete the record -

I had no problems diving nor diving deep. In this particular case, there is no problem diving with an implant as long as it is sufficiently healed per your oral surgeon's standard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom