Top 5 movies for scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Men of Honor
2. The Abyss
3. Thunderball
4. Oceans of Fire
5. The Daring Game (hey it features my diving Hero Lloyd Bridges and I love water jump insertions)

Not a movie.......YET.... but Tony and Ridley Scott still have "Shadow Divers" on the concept list with 20th Century Fox.

I sure would like to see this movie finally get made.

Not a movie.......YET.... but Tony and Ridley Scott still have "Shadow Divers" on the concept list with 20th Century Fox.

Agreed, but not sure how the movie could top the book.

By Ridley Scott perhaps, but Tony Scott, no. He died last August in another kind of diving accident (involving a bridge and a suicide note). May he Rest in Peace, and may his great movies live on.

BCD were pretty standard back then, Mostly horse collar style with oral inflators. By the late seventies, Jacket style BCD with power inflators were widely available. I bought my Seatec in 1982. The choice to not put Ms Bisset in a wetsuit or BCD was purely an artistic choice by the film makers. The tank was at the time the cutting edge of technology, AL 80.
View attachment 138581

---------- Post Merged at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:35 PM ----------

The Gear she is using is still quite servicable today. As has been pointed out in many threads a capillary depth gauge on the spg and a watch would be plenty of gear to dive with back then with the wreck laying a maximum depth of 85 ft. Most divers assume that you need a lot of gear to dive, but regulators and the basic gear has remained little changed since 1978. More safety gear has been added, octopuses, dive computers and more sofisticated BCDs, but the basics of diving stay the same.

White tees should be mandatory equipment...

The Silent One is quite a nice 80's movie about a Polynesian kid and a turtle.

The Blue Lagoon- surely it had an underwater scene in it somewhere.

Into the Blue with Jessica Alba and her glorious ass.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - hated it the first time i saw it. loved it after completing my OW. watched it 100 times since. the part where Zissou (the Bill Murray character) talks about fatherhood always makes my eyes go misty.
The Deep - but just the first half - with Jacqueline Bisset's double
The one with John Wayne in it wearing the old hard hat diver suit. watched it when i was 10. Can't remember much except the moment when he died.
Tin Tin movies - the one with him in the hard hats. Reading the books as a kid taught me to love oceans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom