Top 5 movies for scuba divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lot of great, good, and not so good films mentioned. Add "Dark Tide" with Halle Berry to the list of films to see.

Bit disappointing that there aren't more dive movies. I guess until recent years dialogue underwater was pretty difficult.

A friend told me that he met one of the stunt divers that worked on a James Bond film that required Bond being attacked underwater by a shark. They used several real sharks, or so the story goes. The diver would hold the shark still long enough that it was "drowning" with no oxygen flowing over it's gills, then the divers would sort of "poke" the shark at the actor to make it look like it was attacking him. The reason they used several sharks is they kept holding them still for TOO long and the shark died.

DFB

Cayman Went -2009-set in Cayman Brac... Cayman Went (2009) - IMDb
It is not a great movie, just a feel good movie, but it has good diving scenery and it's kind of fun.
The Deep-Jacqueline Bisset
Fool's Gold - Kate Hudson
Into the Blue-Jessica Alba
Dark Tide - Halle Berry
Wet Gold - Brooke Shields
Am I starting to detect a pattern?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom