Top 5 Warm-Water Sidemount Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not just for warm water! I use neutral fins in all conditions, wetsuit or drysuit. My legs tend to sink, so neutral fins were the critical piece in solving the puzzle of my own trim. :) Thanks for the roundup, I always try to stay aware of all the good neutral fin options.

Also have you tested the Hollis F1 LT fins? I loved my old F1s but gave them up because of their detrimental effect on my trim. Would love to have that F1 power back for long surface swims, but in a neutrally buoyant version.

that was my comment on the facebook post. Surprised not to see the Slipstreams and XT's on there list as they are basically the standards for neutral fins in cave country here.

as they are basically the standards for neutral fins in cave country here.

It's a big wide world outside of 'cave country'....

And given that I don't dive there... my personal list is unlikely to reflect those biases.

If I ever write a 'Top 10' list.... and see those fins over here more than once or twice... lol

Force fins? You actually use those? Wow!

Yep, done about 6000 dives in them. Didn't find anything I liked better.

Technique requires some slight modification from a regular paddle fin style.... I think that's more of a barrier to very experienced guys who have ingrained technique to overcome.

Back
Top Bottom