Top diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Meddes

Reaction score
I've been in the Falklands for 79 days now (not that i'm counting) & yesterday i finally got to do some proper diving. The first dive (Seal rock) was around a reef in a giant kelp forest. It was ok but no seals????? The next was on a wreck called the John R Kelly. It's very old & well broken but i could still recognise parts inc. the steel mast & deadeyes. This however was forgot ar we rounded a towering clump of kelp to see a Southern Sealion less then 4m away (in 15m viz). He didn't even look at us but carried on playing with the kelp. The students i was with were edging behind me (just in case, you never know). It was a thrilling sight. On the way back to Stanley we were joined by about 3-4 Commersons dolphins which spent 20 mins with us coming within touching distance. What a top day. We all had huge grins. If only i'd taken my camera.
Good diving

:cheers:

The temp was 9 degrees C but i was quite warm as i was in a drysuit with Weezle extreme plus undersuit & drygloves (not really needed). Hoping to do a few more wrecks this weekend. With my camera this time. We also had Cormarants landing on the rib as we were getting in. Top place.
Good diving
Rob

:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom