topside activities and restaurant recommendations in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm getting ready to go to Palau in a few weeks for a dive trip. Just wondering what people have done for topside activities and also any restaurant recommendations. We are staying a the Palau Royal Resort and diving with Sam's Tours. Thanks for the free advice!

DougieG

We were there in April 2017 and had a couple of non-diving days. We rented a car for 2 days and drove around the islands. Your hotel can recommend a cheap rental, be sure they give you a map. The Ngardmau Waterfall in Babeldaob was a highlight. Take good toed sandals since you have to hike to it on trails and through the stream. You can walk to the 2 museums in town. We didn't think too much of the National museum and didn't get to the other one. Here is a link to some good info: https://palaudiveadventures.com/palau-points-of-interest/#.

sams tours will rent you a kayak you can paddle around. there is a small jellyfish lake in between malakal and PPR. i would eat at dropoff bar. good pricing and they have wifi. get the blackened tuna and a red rooster amber ale. the taj and kramer's are overrated to me.

We did an organized kayak tour with Sam's which was great. They took us and the kayaks to the Rock islands where we paddled and made some snorkel stops. Great snorkeling, including a spot where we could actually see Mandarin fish during the day. Actually got better views of some of the sea life around there than diving. We paddled right over some wreck in very clear water. Stopped on a beach someplace for a picnic and more snorkeling. I don't know which tour it was, looks like they have a bunch, the one we did was organized for a group we were with.

i didn't bother to ask, but i wonder if sam's would rent you a tank for a kayak dive. the paddle over to chandelier cave is short and easy. you can find some interesting small stuff over there in front of the cave.

Drop off Bar and Grill has THE BEST CHEESBURGER AND ONION RINGS. Walking distance from your hotel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom