Topside clothing on Galapagos Aggressor in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabamatxn:
Thanks for the input. Do you suggest dry suit there?

Actually, I received some very good advice from a diver up in your neck of the woods on dry suits. He wore his drysuit to the Galapagos and told me that the next time he went, he was taking a wetsuit. He felt the wet suit was easier to manage (get into and out of).

During my recent trip to the Galapagos , we went with a group of Pacific Northwest Divers, most in dry suits. I left my dry suit at home, and wore a 5 mm suit instead (with a hooded vest when needed). I was toasty warm, and noticed that myself and the Dive masters (also wearing wetsuits) were the only ones in the group that were really effective at chasing the Whale Sharks for a photo op.

The drysuit divers had a lot of extra drag that wore them out sooner on those marathon swims. They also trashed their dry gloves and flooded their suits several times during the week. My vote is for a wetsuit, even though the drysuit will keep you warmer.

Sounds good. Unless dry is needed ( sounds like it isn't) wetsuits are less of a burden. Thanks for your prompt feedback.

Hi Everyone!!
I was just checking to find some useful info on galapagos since I am going on to Mistral next week!!
O mi god, it is so close. I was just about to buy my wetsuit from my LCD tomorrow. I decided on a 7/5 jumpsuit (henderson hyperstrech). Now from this thread after hearing that 5mm was toasty, does anyone think that 7 mil would be too much?
How is the water temp around this time??

The last time I was "wet" was back in april in kona, I can not wait for next thursday and be on the plane to quito!!

here are my trip pictures so far:
http://photos.yahoo.com/ekizoglu1

I will definitely put my galapagos picture there aafter we get back. Any feeback will be is appreciated:)
Thanks!
Seda

cakil:
Hi Everyone!!
I decided on a 7/5 jumpsuit (henderson hyperstrech). Now from this thread after hearing that 5mm was toasty, does anyone think that 7 mil would be too much?
How is the water temp around this time??
Thanks!
Seda

Hi Seda,

My computer, (which lies like a rug) said most of the dives around Darwin and Wolf had 73 degree (F) water, which gets colder as you head South. The waters around Cousin's Rock and Gordon's Rock were 69-70 degrees (F).

I think you'll be toasty warm in a 7 mil. If you are used to diving in warm water, a 7 mil is probably a good choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom