Torch & Video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yasser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone tried to take still photos with Torches or Video lights using a digital camera ?

Where the resuls good ?

I am using Olympus Digital 500 point and shoot & Oly PT-26

You'll have to define "good".

For my tastes and from what I have seen, the answer is a resounding "no".

But there are those out there that do use this option and like the results. It will work better in some situations than in others, too.

Three major problems:
1 - hot spots in the photo
2 - narrow beam coverage
3 - no control over the light output

YMMV and hopefully some who routinely use this kind of set up will chime in to tell you how to get the best out of it!

Hey Yasser
The big problem with video lighting is that it normally has a short burn time and you run out of light before your dive is over.
A true strobe will give you better picture quality in the long run.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

CrazyScuba:
Hey Yasser
The big problem with video lighting is that it normally has a short burn time and you run out of light before your dive is over.
A true strobe will give you better picture quality in the long run.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

I'm not a photographer. I shoot video. People always talk about burn times and bottom times. What people forget is you are not filming or snapping pictures constantly. I turn my video lights on/off as needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom