Tortuga68's Apeks Flight vs ATX200 comparo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say 'similar performance' rather than same; I don't have any figures for the DS4 (or Flight for that matter), but Apeks ANSTI testing on the DST/XTX50, for example, shows Work Of Breathing as 0.85 Joules/litre, compared to 0.41 on the FSR/XTX200. Of course both are very good and well within the 3 Joule maximum required for CE certification

I would say 'similar performance' rather than same; I don't have any figures for the DS4 (or Flight for that matter), but Apeks ANSTI testing on the DST/XTX50, for example, shows Work Of Breathing as 0.85 Joules/litre, compared to 0.41 on the FSR/XTX200. Of course both are very good and well within the 3 Joule maximum required for CE certification

Alright, got it! "similar performance" Thanks for the correction. And maybe the DS4/ATX50 WOB is close to DST/XTX50 WOB. Read it somewhere regarding DS4 and DST 1st stages as said that it has same internals except for the DST's swivel turret and dual HP ports. By the way, where you got these Apeks WOB figures? Apeks site does not show such thing. Any idea?

seal

"The Flights I will use for light travel only, typically single tank dives to a max of 30m/100'. If I'm travelling to do something more serious I'll take an FST (100 series first stage), or two FSTs and a bracket to make independant doubles out of two rental DIN tanks

Not to derail this thread but what do you use for a bracket? I have seen the OMS one, Is that the one or do you have something DIY?

Yeah I have the OMS 'travel band system' it's ok, got it at the right price. I did consider a DIY version made from two STAs that i think would have been more stable, and I looked at some other commercial options - send me a PM if you want more details; I'll post some pix of the OMS setup one day

By the way, where you got these Apeks WOB figures?

They were on the old Apeks site, along with the ANSTI test graphs; I saved some of them. After the Aqualung takeover the site got redesigned and they were either moved or removed. I'm not 100% confident in them, I have a feeling Apeks may have tuned the regs to show a clear difference between the high end (FSR/FST) and other (DST/DS4) regs - but I can't say that for sure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom