Tortuga68's model & series guide to Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IFSR, FST - Both sealed, both have 4 LP ports, no turrets. Higher end regs/better performance deep. FST has replaceable ARCAP valve seat

I'd hazard a guess that the R in FSR and the T in FST signify Rec and Tech respectively. Just a very pedantic guess :hm:

That's possible but, in my experience anyway, it's more common to see a pair of FSRs on a set of doubles than FSTs. Either way they're both more than capable tech regs performance-wise, since their internals are very similar

The Apeks site clearly describes all that is needed.

With respect, it does not and I suggest it cannot. I am a programmer and author of several books about programming. Technical writing is hard, in part because what is well-written for one audience becomes confusing or pedantic for another. I readily accept that the Apeks site is useful for some or even most people who visit it, but there will always be some segment of the "market" that it does not suit quite so well.

Having an alternate overview can be helpful, much as an executive summary of an essay helps people read the essay more effectively.

If anybody reading this thread would like advice regarding Apeks equipment I am happy to respond to PMs.

That is stellar, and people like you make ScubaBoard the awesome community that it is.

I'll be buying Apeks as my first regulator and this summary definitely helped me wrap my head around all the different models and decide on the XTX50. Thanks to the OP!

Can anyone point to an online U.S. retailer that is also an authorized dealer of Apeks/Aqualung besides scuba.com?

The pricing from the international distributors I checked out is… beyond my budget, to put it mildly.

So I'll be sticking with online U.S. retailers or eBay and having the gear reshipped to me overseas. Prime Scuba seems to be another authorized dealer for Apeks.

The pricing from the international distributors I checked out is… beyond my budget, to put it mildly.

So I'll be sticking with online U.S. retailers or eBay and having the gear reshipped to me overseas. Prime Scuba seems to be another authorized dealer for Apeks.

Where are you based? Japan?

Where are you based? Japan?

I'm in Seoul but I've also scoped out prices in Japan and Thailand since I have trips to both upcoming. The Apeks selection at mic21.com is limited and prices are up in the nose-bleeds. Kakaku.com isn't much better. There's a promo in Thailand that is actually not bad: XTX50 regulator and octopus with pressure gauge for 29,250 baht or about 900USD. Not getting there til summer, though.

I'm in Seoul but I've also scoped out prices in Japan and Thailand since I have trips to both upcoming. The Apeks selection at mic21.com is limited and prices are up in the nose-bleeds. Kakaku.com isn't much better. There's a promo in Thailand that is actually not bad: XTX50 regulator and octopus with pressure gauge for 29,250 baht or about 900USD. Not getting there til summer, though.

Hell no, there is no way I'd buy Apeks here in Japan, the dealers obviously smoked some crack before deciding on pricing. I have a contact in Phuket who is an Apeks dealer and they sometimes cut a good deal. If you want to try them PM me. Scubastore.com out of Spain have some of the best prices I've seen for Apeks but of course you'd need them shipped to an EU address as they no longer ship outside of continent. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom