Tortuga68's model & series guide to Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best deal on Apeks regs i've seen so far in SEA is here in Manila. The first stage which includes the XTX 200 + XTX20 octopus is $627.77 U.S. which is quite reasonable even compared with the U.S. and better than the Thai deals. This is at aquaventure where I got my apeks regs serviced. The tungsten version is just a little bit more if I recall.

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 04:42 AM ----------

I'm in Seoul but I've also scoped out prices in Japan and Thailand since I have trips to both upcoming. The Apeks selection at mic21.com is limited and prices are up in the nose-bleeds. Kakaku.com isn't much better. There's a promo in Thailand that is actually not bad: XTX50 regulator and octopus with pressure gauge for 29,250 baht or about 900USD. Not getting there til summer, though.

Sweet jesus the flight regulators are 146632 yen ($1443) when they can be purchased in the U.S. or the rest of SEA for $500-600 tops That's not what I call a markup that's a form of robbery.

The best deal on Apeks regs i've seen so far in SEA is here in Manila. The first stage which includes the XTX 200 + XTX20 octopus is $627.77 U.S. which is quite reasonable even compared with the U.S. and better than the Thai deals. This is at aquaventure where I got my apeks regs serviced. The tungsten version is just a little bit more if I recall.

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 04:42 AM ----------

Sweet jesus the flight regulators are 146632 yen ($1443) when they can be purchased in the U.S. or the rest of SEA for $500-600 tops That's not what I call a markup that's a form of robbery.

Yeah the prices in Japan are CRAZY. The price of an XTX50 octopus alone was the same as an XTX first _and_ second stage in the U.S.!

Thanks for the heads-up on prices in Manila. I was checking out prices for dive lights and strobes and the prices in Manila were competitive with U.S. and Hong Kong prices. Too bad I'm finding this out after my winter holiday in the Philippines!

Anyways, I took the plunge and bought a barely used XTX50 2nd stage + DST 1st stage along with a new XTX50 octopus off eBay for $400. Got a new Aeris Jetpack, too. The reg stuff is all older XTX models but that's OK by me. Need to mail them to a service centre for a service check and to get an SPG connected. Still waiting for replies from three different service centers but hopefully all is well with the stuff I bought.

Caveat emptor but I would hook them up to a tank, test for leaks in a tub and go for a shallow dive. If all works fine, attach the SPG yourself, save yourself some time & money.

Back
Top Bottom