Total CF Buddy Pair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be towing you behind the boat in an inflatable pink flamingo ring to maintain social distancing :rofl3:

This sounds like an AMAZING time to me but can the ring be a unicorn please?

A.Not everyone has pure O2.

If you have access to 80% then you have access to O2. If you are diving with an 80 or 40 both need to be pumped to around 2240 of O2 to get your 80% mix. So with that your 40 is a 30 and your 80 (77) is about a 60.

At 20' your PpO2 on 80% is only 1.27, at 10' 1.04. Ugg. Sure, better than air, but, you could have O2.

If you have access to 80% then you have access to O2

On the boats here, not always, and the O2 is generally a small tank that lasts about 10 mins on the surface if you're lucky.

I generally only bring my own O2 when we do tech diving or when I know that there is no O2 on the boat.

Although most of the dive ops are on our east coast, you're only going to get air to dive with unless you order it beforehand, few places supply Nitrox or have access to O2 locally.

Serious divers here have their own tanks, and have them filled in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

Back
Top Bottom