Touring Egypt and Diving Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you are right just go with the flow. It is difficult to re-arrange things if you have certain parts of the trip already fixed. I was able to plan the whole thing from scratch and still had to make slight amendments when we got there and spent a lot of time trying to get the timing's absolutely right. If you have to miss a days diving then OK, Luxor is much nicer to stay in than Cairo you might visit the temple at Karnak. No doubt you will do this on the cruise but it is worth a second visit.

Neil

neilstewart:
I think you are right just go with the flow. It is difficult to re-arrange things if you have certain parts of the trip already fixed. I was able to plan the whole thing from scratch and still had to make slight amendments when we got there and spent a lot of time trying to get the timing's absolutely right. If you have to miss a days diving then OK, Luxor is much nicer to stay in than Cairo you might visit the temple at Karnak. No doubt you will do this on the cruise but it is worth a second visit.

Neil

Honestly, if I could, I will just give up the tour package...
However, my wife wasn't sure about that as, I think at our present situation, it is safer and lazier to just get a tour package.
Maybe next time, when I'm Egypt better, I will just go free and easy.
Thanks for the feedback... truly appreciate.

hey everyone,

i was about to post a new thread but i found this to be most appropriate to ask my few questions

i am planning to go to sharm el sheikh in mid november. school will be out for 9 days and yipeeeee.. i was thinking of how this trip was going out and went to a travel agent. unfortunately where i live, sadly, they don't have dive packages. i live in Dubai, so that's not so far away from Egypt. I want to stay in a cheap hostel but there's a possibility that my stuff will get stolen. staying in a hotel might be a little too expensive and dangerous due to the recent attacks.. regardless of where i stay, where do i go to dive? do i go to the hotel's dive center? or do i go to a dive center outside? if so, which centres are the best for intermediate divers?safety? prices?

i have around a week to plan this trip... and if all goes well, a few friends of mine will join me..

Thanks in advance

Jay

Back
Top Bottom