TOVATEC Sea Surge DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone seen or tried one of these?

Tovatec Seasurge Diver Propulsion Vehicle

Looks too good to be true, and I can't find it on the TOVATEC website, so a little suspicious.
That's a pool toy for sure.

The giveaways: barely any weight (any decent motor and battery is >7lbs alone), totally unrealistic speeds (4 mph = 352 feet min), 130ft depth rating, 2 handed pull you by the arms design, tiny size. Random Chinese manufacturer with zero experience in building scooters (but plenty of hype)

^ what he said.

The fastest scooters I know of (not that I'm an expert) are only spec'ed for a top speed around 280-ish feet per min or so. The Sub Gravity Reference is only 280fps top speed. The Genesis 2.1 is 285.

That thing going "up to" 350ft/min is as Fake News as it comes. Maybe if you were in a 3 MPH current going the same direction...

^ what he said.

The fastest scooters I know of (not that I'm an expert) are only spec'ed for a top speed around 280-ish feet per min or so. The Sub Gravity Reference is only 280fps top speed. The Genesis 2.1 is 285.

That thing going "up to" 350ft/min is as Fake News as it comes. Maybe if you were in a 3 MPH current going the same direction...

Or naked in a pool :p

The Seacraft Ghost claims 1.6 m/s, which would be about 315 ft/min, but why spend $11ish thousand when you can buy this one that exceeds that speed? And its only 7 lbs! :D

Here is one I recently saw someone using to dig for fossils - The SCUBAJET water jet system - SCUBAJET

It claims 7 mph and weighs as little as 6.6 lbs. I asked them for feedback on it (as far as what they were using it for) and they basically said it had some issues and definitely wasn't ready for primetime...

Back
Top Bottom