Tr-200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 2 sets of Tusa Liberator TR-200 regulators that I purchased in the late '80s. They have worked well through the years but when I took them into an LDS yesterday for annual service I was told the parts have been discontinued and they only have a couple sets left. Is this true? If so is there any type of trade in/up program? Hate to retire these things due to solid reliability and sentimental reasons (wife and I's first set of regs). Also, can you give the specs or a link to the specs so if I have to move on I have some idea of the numerical performance so when looking at replacements I can make rough comparisons?

Hello,
For over 20 years the TR-200 has been a great regulator. The TR-200 has been discontinued for more than 10 years and parts are now running low. TUSA does offer an upgrade program for all TR series regulators. Visit your local Tusa dealer to trade in your current TR regulator and recieve the RS-460 regulator for $ 215.00. You will also be accepted for the Parts For Life program. To view the full line of TUSA regulators visit Home : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA.

Hello,
For over 20 years the TR-200 has been a great regulator. The TR-200 has been discontinued for more than 10 years and parts are now running low. TUSA does offer an upgrade program for all TR series regulators. Visit your local Tusa dealer to trade in your current TR regulator and recieve the RS-460 regulator for $ 215.00. You will also be accepted for the Parts For Life program. To view the full line of TUSA regulators visit Home : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA.
Hi,
I had very similar questions, concerns about a TUSA TR-400 reg (1st, 2nd, and Octo). Would the same recommendations be in effect. I'm not crazy about having a reg that is completely out of date, but it looks like a very well made system.
Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter-
Yes, TR-400 series parts are extremely limited and can't guarantee stock, we recommend upgrading as with the TR-200.

There is not any special deals relating to the TR-200 anymore is there? None of the dive shops seem to know what I'm talking about that I've called.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom