Tradewinds / Crystal wrecks Monday 5/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

osprey jr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Monday, May 7 we plan on diving the Crystal and Trade Wind. Both are in about 120’ of clear (hopefully), cold (unfortunately), Lake Erie water. The Crystal is a 117’ three masted schooner. The Trade Wind is a 140’ three masted barque. Visibility is normally pretty good on these wrecks. The're on the west side of Long Point, so we'll only be going a few times this season.

Yeah, I know it's a Monday. The key person that set this dive up (and about 10 others) has one of those goofy floating schedules. These wrecks are worth taking a day off from work!:D

Crystal

Tradewind

If interested, sign up on our website. Due to the temps, I'd consider this a "Tech" dive, regardless of the depth.

Jim,

Are you scheduling this dive at anyother time during the summer? These sound like 2 wrecks I can dive, but it's too cold for me right now (wetsuit!). Anything in maybe August?

Heather, at those depths, even in August, you're probably looking at mid-40s temps. Brrr....

I hear a drysuit...It's calling your name.

40's doesn't bother me in my wetsuit.... it's getting OUT that gets cold!!! When the surface temps are near 70 I could care less what the bottom is. Won't even wear my hood unless it's under 50.

Derek S:
Heather, at those depths, even in August, you're probably looking at mid-40s temps. Brrr....

I hear a drysuit...It's calling your name.

No problem Derek. She plans on winning the Drysuit from the Scuba Challenge!!

hnladue:
Jim,

Are you scheduling this dive at anyother time during the summer? These sound like 2 wrecks I can dive, but it's too cold for me right now (wetsuit!). Anything in maybe August?

We have one running to these two wrecks in August with Jimmy.

http://www.osprey-dive.com/ischeduler.cfm?CurrentDate=08/11/2007

Hopefully that link works.

It's the 2:30PM charter so us canadians can get there in time.

We have a few spots left as we have reserved the whole boat.

Great dives, both of them.

Rick, you interested in either? Steve's is Aug11th. I need a buddy..... oh DEREK!! Dive time!

hnladue:
Rick, you interested in either? Steve's is Aug11th. I need a buddy..... oh DEREK!! Dive time!

I can't commit to it right now. But I've heard a lot about those wrecks. I'd like to see them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom