Trainer killed at Seaworld

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to me, and I may have missed a few postings, that most people agree that places like Sea world are morally wrong. Legislation could be brought in to ban captivity of all animals if enough people care enough, but do they? Maybe a less radical approach would be to ban capturing wild animals, then ban breeding in captivity (with possible exceptions for breeding in the country of origin for endangered species), then let the imprisoned animals live out their wreched lives in peace and that would be an end to man's inhumanity to our fellow species. I dream!

When you swim a half mile off shore to wait for the dolphins and humpbacks to come up and play I suspect that people know that you are crazy enough to take all the blame for your actions and decisions yourself.

It seems to me, and I may have missed a few postings, that most people agree that places like Sea world are morally wrong.

I'm not sure where you get this from.

It seems to me that most people think places like SeaWorld are a nice place to ride a roller coaster, eat a big overpriced plate of cheese fries, and watch dolphins do tricks for food while their kids dream that they can someday be the person who makes the dolphin do tricks for food.

That's why they visit, and that's why SeaWorld stays open.

I don't think most people even think to consider if a place like SeaWorld is wrong or right. It just is, so they visit.

and watch dolphins do tricks for food while their kids dream that they can someday be the person who makes the dolphin do tricks for food.

When I watch those shows if it's an attractive female trainer (and most are for some reason), I usually dream that I can be with the person who makes the dolphin do tricks for food.

Well...the news media has lost interest in this story...and it seems to be fading from the newspapers too.

Lock Washer

I am a strong P.E.T.A. supporter I believe in PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS! It is a private property issue and that is that! In a free country it is no ones business except the owner! Show me in the Constitution where the US government has any authority over such ownership? We have gone PC crazy! Should we be good stewards? YES! Should we stop living, raise fuel to 7.00 a gallon, put millions out of work because someone doesn't LIKE something? We have gone nuts and extinction for us is not far behind and the extinction of freedom has already happened!

Why do you keep bumping the thread?

What's the motivation?

To me its fascinating how these threads explode into discussion, arguement, passion, name calling, and then fizzles out when they lose interest.

Back
Top Bottom