Training/Diving buddy search in UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok no problems, congrats on the wedding

Hi Dave, thanks for the info!
Have you already agreed on the location for Fundies with Ali?

Looking for buddies for the following courses being held in U.A.E. at Coastal Technical Divers. I already have a hire car so don't mind picking people up and sharing accommodation.

GUE Doubles Diver
Date: August 26, 2016 - August 27, 2016
Instructor: Ali Fikree
Class details | Global Underwater Explorers

GUE Fundamentals
Date: September 30, 2016 - October 03, 2016
Instructor: Ali Firkee
Class details | Global Underwater Explorers

If you want any info comment below or contact either me or Ali Fikree his email is on the GUE website.

Thanks Guys

Hi Dave, thanks for the info!
Have you already agreed on the location for Fundies with Ali?

I'm doing it in Fujeirah at Coastal Technical. I'm happy to go halves on transport/accommodation if those costs are your worry. Ali has a discount at IBIS (which is pretty cheap anyway). Message me if you are interested.

My whats app is +966592336866

Thanks

Can't do these days for Fundies unfortunately =( and would have to split the course in 2 part anyways. But thanks for sharing! It's good to know the ME diving community is growing and developing =)

Hey roman don't sweat it about the course. If I don't find any buddies I may have to put it off until another date so stay in touch. We should meet up and dive at some point anyway! Also are you in the GUE UAE group on facebook. Its only just started but worth joining!

I have contacted both of UTD and GUE instructors in UAE in general. the price range is around 3000 AED plus ( gas, boat, gear and ect ) could really get pricy.

please, in case any of you decide to take the course, kindly, share your impression here. I have tried to youtube the instructors but no luck. is it really worth it?

Hey roman don't sweat it about the course. If I don't find any buddies I may have to put it off until another date so stay in touch. We should meet up and dive at some point anyway! Also are you in the GUE UAE group on facebook. Its only just started but worth joining!
Have joined the group, thanks for the heads-up =) Would love to meet and dive once you are around here - just shout when you'll be flying over.

please, in case any of you decide to take the course, kindly, share your impression here. I have tried to youtube the instructors but no luck. is it really worth it?
I mean how many GUE/UTD instructors are there globally? very few... Depending on what you want to achieve with the courses I just can't see how this can't be worth it =)
I've personally was lucky to be on a boat with both GUE and UTD instructors at the same time and have seen them in action - I don't have any hesitations any more =)

I will be out of UAE for the next weekend, not sure about the following one as I hope to still be in the US if I can delay my flight back to dive again while I am on that side of the pond.

If any of you are interested to meet up for post dive lunch and a chat at the Fujairah Marine Club I am usually there on a Friday after diving with Barracuda or with my tech buddies.

I have to admit I have not dived with CTD since Glenn left, and Simon basically doubled the price of the boat trips so my tech diving has been limited to the guys I know who have their own boats (Angus and Stephen).

Visibility recently has deteriorated drastically due to all the dredging and reclamation south of Fujairah and this is not going to go away anytime soon as it is a long term project running until they run out of money. Memories of how Al Nakheel ruined the diving off Dubai are coming back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom