Training/Diving buddy search in UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Roman, Ill try make a plan to be your videographer :confined:

The diving in Saudi is mediocre at best?

The Iona wreck off Yanbu is one of my all time favourite dives. Sadly out off reach since final exit. Farasan Islands are excellent.

Looks like you really enjoyed it Roman! I've got fundies at the end of this month. After that we should hook up for some DIR diving!

Looks like you really enjoyed it Roman! I've got fundies at the end of this month. After that we should hook up for some DIR diving!
I've totally loved it! It was hard, day 1 and 2 specially with all the frustration, but day 4 was such a relief after the final run =)
Good luck with the Fundies and will defo see you out there on the boat! =)

Hi! I am new here. My name is Bahram from the Netherlands.
I Will be in Dubai from 10 to 15th of November.
I am looking for a buddy to have some fun dives.
Can anyone help me with this search?

Most of the diving is done out of clubs like the Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club and dive centres. I dived with the ADSAC so I have limited experience with Dubai dive centres.

It may be easiest for you to book a couple of dives to Fujairah diving through Al Boom Diving with locations in Dubai and at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah. One can dive out of Dubai on the West coast, but there is nothing to see; sand and poor visibility. I did my Rescue Diver and Search and Recovery with Al Boom on the West Coast since I wanted to do these courses in challenging conditions. 3/5 stars.

Another option is Barracuda Diving Centre in Fujairah. I have not dived with them since I dived with our club that had a boat in the same harbour as Barracuda. However, Barracuda seems to have a good reputation.

Good luck with these leads.

GJS

Dive Centres in Dubai are very limited.

Dubai is wrecks only and the vis can be variable. The sea can be a bit choppy and sometimes there are some currents which put people off

The only centre likely to dive off the Dubai coast are Scuba shade based in the Habtoor Grand Hotel near Dubai Marina. I've never dived with them but I do know their staff and they're okay people.

The Dive Clubs in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Dubai (BSAC) do dive off the Dubai coast, but their diving is sporadic

The East Coast (Fujeriah) is 100 miles away and a 2hr drive. Diving is reef and small wrecks. The Vis can be variable too as is the temps depending on currents and Thermocline's (currently 28C on teh surface, chance of 23/24C below 18m

There is (as pointed out above) Barracuda based in the Fujeriah Marine club. They have two or 3 sites close by but other sites need a 40 minute + boat ride

Further along teh Coast there are a number of Dive Centres, Sandy Beach, Freestyle and Divers Down. All good centres, but you'll need yoru own transport to get there

Al Boom have a Centre in Dubai (pool) and Fujeriah. They do operate a mini bus from Dubai. They are a busy centre and their boats have a lot of inexperienced / occasional divers onboard. Not everyone's choice

Back
Top Bottom