Training with Trace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any one in SCUBA Board land have ANY contact with Trace ?
I wrote him a "stick to it and get well " note
No response

Trace was a moving force in Eastern US Organized Diving and I suspect being groomed for national exposure when he had his tragic accident, He was one of four on the SCUBA Board who had verified 5000 dives ( which is 4,999 more than the moderators ) and a recipient of the prestigious SSI Platinum Pro 500 dive award.

He was one of our own and deserves all the encouragement and support we can give him. If you reside close to him drop by for a visit - Be prepared the effects of DCS hit can effect speech, ambulation etc If he was a SCUBA Board acquaintance drop him a get well card -- It is a NO NO to list his address -You can obtain his address via his web site.

Lets all get behind Trace in his time of need of support from fellow divers

Samuel Miller, III
SSI Platinum Pro 5000 1993

@Divingblueberry

@Marie13 CE Not many real Pro 5000 in the SCUBA world - Keep on diving !!!

@James Bock
@JohnnyC
@BurhanMuntasser
@rongoodman
@Doby45
@Compressor

Any one in SCUBA Board land have ANY contact with Trace ?
I wrote him a "stick to it and get well " note
No response

Trace was a moving force in Eastern US Organized Diving and I suspect being groomed for national exposure when he had his tragic accident, He was one of four on the SCUBA Board who had verified 5000 dives ( which is 4,999 more than the moderators ) and a recipient of the prestigious SSI Platinum Pro 500 dive award.

He was one of our own and deserves all the encouragement and support we can give him. If you reside close to him drop by for a visit - Be prepared the effects of DCS hit can effect speech, ambulation etc If he was a SCUBA Board acquaintance drop him a get well card -- It is a NO NO to list his address -You can obtain his address via his web site.

Lets all get behind Trace in his time of need of support from fellow divers

Samuel Miller, III
SSI Platinum Pro 5000 1993

@Divingblueberry

@Marie13 CE Not many real Pro 5000 in the SCUBA world - Keep on diving !!!

@James Bock
@JohnnyC
@BurhanMuntasser
@rongoodman
@Doby45
@Compressor

I have sent him a PM on FB but no response at all. I think that he is out of the social media scene since his accident.

I suspect he must have had a very serious debilitating hit.

I had a friend who had one = ambulatory
We chatted often about his slow but steady recovery

At first it was standing, then walking, then to mail box and finally to the corner and recovery , but with a residual limp. His recovery took time and perseverance but you can in most cases recover to some degree.

On behalf of Trace I thank you
SAM

Trace is a great guy, always a positive outlook and a smile on his face. Used to run into him diving the river and in cave country, I didn't know he was injured. Hope he's on the mend, I'll have to find a way to send him a box of coffee crisp chocolate bars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom