Transmitter Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tuxevents

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently dive with a Suunto D9 as my primary computer with a Cobra 3 backup. Out of sheer curiosity, was wondering about the following scenarios...

1. Can two different Suunto wrist computers sync to the same transmitter? Basically, could I dive with say my D9 & a D6 with both of them operating off the same transmitter?

2. Alternatively, if I were to put two transmitters on my first stage, could I use two different Suunto wrist computers? Or would they interfere with one another?

2 would not interfere with each other. Same as diving with a buddy with transmitter. They link via serial number. With that said any computer you link with your transmitter will get the signal providing they are compatable.

2 would not interfere with each other. Same as diving with a buddy with transmitter. They link via serial number. With that said any computer you link with your transmitter will get the signal providing they are compatable.

Suunto transmitters are not via serial number. They use codes.

The transmitter just transmits a signal. It does not know how many recievers are recieving the signal if any. You should be able to put the codes in several compatible comps and they all will get the signal as long as they are in range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom