Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was notified on the 9th, shipped on the 10th, and it was recieved on the 12th. Email said 8 days for repairs, but I recieved the notification from UPS on the 22nd saying that was when the shipping label was created (10 days). It was shipped yesterday and I just got an email saying it will be delivered by the end of the day tomorrow. Total time looks like it will be 18 days.

The recall has been removed from the Suunto website (or maybe I just can't find it). I wonder if they have gotten completely inundated with transmitters and that's their way of keeping from getting more. My initial thought is that customers need to know and removing it from the website doesn't seem wise if it is a safety issue, let alone a liability. I wonder if something changed, meaning they changed their mind about the recall?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Looks like it's only gone from the NA sites. Global, APAC and European pages still have recall top of news page.

They do not even show the Tank Pod in their products. Hmmm...

I take that back, found them under accessories.

Last edited:
Actually, the recall is still in the support section, but if you weren't already aware of the recall, you would probably never find it on the Suunto US website. To get there, click on Support, then Online Service Request, scroll down to United States and click on it. In the Enter Product Name box, start typing Suunto wireless and when the full product name pops up, click on that. When the What's the problem box comes up, click on the down arrow and Transmitter/Pod Recall will be at the bottom o f the list. From there, you should be able to navigate to the form to send it in.

UPDATE. Finally got a message today that my transmitter had been repaired and shipped. Got a notice from UPS that a shipping label had been created but no tracking info yet, but if it did ship today, I should have it before the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

It took 3 days for them to ship mine after the label was created but hopefully they get faster.

That won't surprise me at all if it takes that long. Did they ship it back to you 2nd day air like they did when you sent it in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom